Founded in 1992, ScanSource, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCSC) is a value-added distributor of specialty technology products and services.
ScanSource, Inc. sells only to resellers and specializes in several markets, including automatic identification and data capture (AIDC) and point-of-sale (POS) solutions through its ScanSource POS and Barcode sales units; voice, video, data and converged communications equipment through its ScanSource Catalyst and ScanSource Communications sales units; and physical security solutions through its ScanSource Security sales unit.
ScanSource is headquartered in Greenville, SC and has 26 locations in North America, Latin America and Europe. The Company operates from a centralized distribution model with distribution centers in Southaven, Mississippi; Miami, Florida; Mexico City, Mexico; Curitiba, Brazil; Recife, Brazil; Sao Paulo, Brazil; and Liege, Belgium.
Dedicated Business Units
All sales units are led by their own presidents with dedicated sales, merchandising and technical support teams, allowing them to:
- Foster a deep knowledge-base and a partner relationship focus
- Create scale and efficiency on services shared among business units
Commitment to the Channel
- All ScanSource sales units sell only to resellers – never to end users
- Growth opportunities arise from channel shift (both direct to indirect and one-tier to two-tier), channel consolidation, new vendors and market share gains
- ScanSource helps resellers to strengthen and grow their businesses through value-added services, such as inventory management, financial services, marketing, technical support and superior customer service
- The Company reinvests in value-added services – its competitive advantage – to meet vendors’ and customers’ needs